If I Were A Boy: Forever Scarlet11:00:00
For the next guest post in my If I Were A Boy series, please say hello to Carolyn of Forever Scarlet. A finalist in the 2014 Blog Awards Ireland in the Best Beauty Blog category, Carolyn's passion for make-up and beauty gives a great spin on this subject. Read on to find out more!
I’m very much a girlie girl. I like my dresses, skirts, high heels and makeup. I love shopping for a new outfit or buying items to add to my ever expanding beauty collection. However, as a girl, getting ready for the day or for a night out can be a little time consuming. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming about what it would be like to be a boy and how much time I would save if I didn’t have to do my hair and makeup every day.
I’m a little envious of the fact that my boyfriend takes just 10 minutes to get ready for a night out whilst I need approx 2 hours to look half way decent. Being a girl is high maintenance you know! Or maybe that’s just because I’m a little OCD with my make-up, hair and clothes…
Over the 7 years that my boyfriend and I have been dating, I've slowly noticed that our styles are becoming more and more similar. There have been a couple of occasions where we accidentally dressed in the same style of jeans with a denim shirt, teamed with a quilted jacket. Queue one of us heading straight back up the stairs to hastily change into something else.
When I was asked by Ian to create a post based around what I would wear, if I were a boy, I found myself veering towards things that my boyfriend would normally wear. When I was single, I was never really aware or cared too much about what a guy was dressed in, but now looking back I did have a certain type.
I like guys with a distinct indie look; a mixture of style conscious taste, but with an effortless edge. Alex Turner springs to mind when I think of the kind male style that I go for.
For this post, I’ve kept it quite minimal and simplistic. I don’t tend to go over the top normally, so even if I were a boy, I think I would still stick to that style.
1. ASOS washed black jeans. 2. Topman brogues. 3. Daniel wellington watch 4. ASOS checked shirt. 5. Barbour jacket.
- 1. A good pair of black jeans is a must. I wear black jeans a lot and I don’t think I would change this if I were to swap gender. There’s not much more to be said here, black goes with everything and jeans are a wardrobe staple for both guys and gals!
- 2. Brogues of course. The smart/casual shoe that compliments any outfit. I couldn’t write a post for Ian without featuring a good strong pair of brogues.
- 3. A classic cool watch. I picked this Daniel Wellington style before I saw that Ian had already featured it in a previous post! Great minds.
- 4. Checked shirts never date. I have to admit that when selecting this I was looking more at the model than the shirt. If I were a man, I would definitely want to look like him.
- 5. Barbour jackets are the bomb-diggity. Expensive but worth the investment. I personally love the textured shoulders.
Thank you again for taking part Carolyn! If any of my female readers would like to feature in the future, please drop me an email.