Normally I don't follow trends as I usually don't have the funds or the commitment to try and juggle them all for an entire season.
That said, I am a man of autumn. It's my favourite time of the year and this season's upcoming trends look much more wearable.
- Orange. Hardly surprising that its a seasonal inspiration seeing as half the countryside turns this colour, but it rarely translates well in menswear. Ranging from hi-vis to rust, the warm tones will look great layered. Even a scarf is enough to tap the trend.
|E. Tautz, David Hart & Issey Miyake|
- Bomber jackets: Previously the uniform of skinheads, a bomber jacket is a great casual piece that you can throw on any time. If you're looking to combine a few of the seasons trends, maybe go for a contrast sleeve, quilting or a print. If you're not ready to fully commit, a Herrington style jacket is timeless alternative.
|Burberry, Juun J & Givenchy|
- Pocket squares: It's time to put the breast pocket to use. Pocket squares are everywhere and range from designer to high street. Be aware though, it's not something you just stuff and go - prep your fold before hand to avoid looking messy.
- Roll Necks: I love a roll neck, but I don't really have the neck & shoulders for them. Either chunky and textured or fine gauge, a roll neck replaces the shirt as this season's under blazer accessory. If you've facial hair, trim it or be prepared to shave bobbles off your jumper after each wear.
- Fall floral: Floral is not just restricted to womenswear or to spring. If you're a little timid, use it as an accent; your pocket square, the trim on a shirt or an over-dyed graphic tee.
|Dolce & Gabbana|
- Camouflage: This trend has hot all year and shows no sign of going away. The main rule here is don't make it look like you're going hunting. Wear it as an unusual pattern, accent or feature.
I'm sure many of you are in the same situation as me and our wallets don't work on designer collections. So here's some of my new season favourites from the high street.
|BooHoo Man Bomber jacket|
|Zara faux suede college jacket|
- Pocket Square
Topman black floral pocket square (2 bird trend)
|Next ginger twill blazer (with pocket square)|
- Roll neck
|Reiss contrast colour roll neck (2 bird trend)|
|Topman burgundy roll neck|
- Fall floral
|Cuckoo's Nest cyberman tee|
|Uniqlo printed chambray shirt|
|Nixon Quad woodland camo watch|
|ASOS Bellfield camo bomber |